Are you new to the city and looking for some fun things to do in Jacksonville, FL this weekend? Don’t leave town! Experience the exciting things your city has to offer. Here is a list of fun things to do in Jacksonville, FL:
1. Jacksonville Beach: Whether you are new to the area or have lived here for years you have probably heard of the Jacksonville Beach and you should believe the hype. The beach has soft sand, rhythmic ocean waves, warm sun rays, and usually a nice breeze to enjoy from sunrise to sunset.
2. Metro Diner: Located next to the beach, the food is cooked right in front of you (in the middle of the room, to be exact) at this diner. They serve all types of breakfast foods, from pancakes to biscuits and gravy, as well as typical diner favorites. With reasonable prices and large portions, it’s easy to see why this place is usually always packed. So make sure you try and beat the rush!
3. Surfing: You can’t live that close to the beach without trying to surf at least once. On most afternoons and weekends during the summer, the beach is packed with beginner and experienced surfers. Top of my things to do in Jacksonville, FL is to surf every chance I get.
4. Johnny Angles: Located on Beach Boulevard, this restaurant is full of 1950’s memorabilia and themed food to match. Their menu includes many specialty dishes named after the greats of that era along with a few classics. The only downside is that this place is only open in the morning to mid-afternoon, so you’ll have to make sure you beat the rush and get a table.
5. UNF Nature Trails: Another great feature of the University of North Florida campus is the nature trails that are open to the public. There are multiple trails to explore in this large area, and it’s a great place to go for a run and enjoy the peace and quiet of the forest. It’s also a great place for a picnic with a few open areas, one of which is right in front of a nice little pond it’s a great way to spend an afternoon. The trails also have a few items available to rent for UNF students such as tents, surf boards, and much more.
Here our picks for the top 5 neighborhoods in Tucson for 2019. Enjoy.
Moving to a new city can be one of the most exciting times of your life. New places to explore, people to meet and countless opportunities for adventure. Life in a new city can introduce restaurants, concerts, hiking trails and more.
Houston, the most populated city in the state of Texas and the fourth-largest city in the United States, has a reputation for being a bit busy. While the city is best known for its contributions to aerospace, international trade, entertainment, culture, and technology, it also boasts a great quality of life, nation-leading diversity and several well-kept secrets.